Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Scouting For Spring Moose In Maine...

Spring is trying desperately to fight it's way through the weekly snow storms and left over frigid temps Mother Nature has been throwing our way lately. Not easily discouraged, I awaken daily with the urge to hit the road and find the moose! So far I've been here and there with nary a moose in sight, but I have occasionally spotted fresh moose tracks so remain optimistic.

Tomorrow's another day. As always I will start by telling myself "today's the day -- we'll see some today." My friend, Clara, and I plan to grab our new (twin) cameras, breakfast sandwiches, & coffee and do some serious scouting...

Will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Brenda,

Good luck on the Spring search. When visiting my parents at Jo Mary Lake near Millinocket a few years ago my dog went nuts following moose tracks after finding some droppings.

She listens better than some children, so she wasn't about to run away... just curious and in over her head if she ever caught up to Bullwinkle.

I enjoyed visiting your tour site, also.

Jim